Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
We're looking for a strong customer focused premium lounge supervisor to manage the team within our Lounge at Changi Airport. Reporting to the Lounge Manager, you will lead your team to deliver exceptional customer service to our Premium customers to ensure they receive the award winning 5 star services we are renowned for.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Liaise with the airport ground services team regarding information updates about premium passenger numbers, daily requirements, special requests etc.
- Liaise with local airport authorities regarding policies, procedures, safety updates, special activities, etc…
- Liaise with respective service providers within the lounge regarding manpower provided, conducting tasks like performance management, training and developing the individuals as per Qatar Airways standards.
- Supervises and participates in daily operations as per Standard Operating Procedures [SOP] relevant to unit in which assigned
- Manages conflict resolution and facilitate service recovery situations with customer
- Ensures compliance with corporate and departmental policies, health and safety and standard operating procedures.
- Provides on job performance monitoring and coaching to enable individuals to understand their current competency level and expected level of work performance.
- Assists staff with their individual training.
- Assists staff with development plans.
- Compiles operational reports based on lounge usage and customer traffic within the lounge.
- Ensures appropriate administrative records are maintained.
- Provides guidance and assistance to employees in relation to administrative matters and employment conditions
- Establishes the department or team objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluates the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Takes responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Trains and develops other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assists in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
The successful candidate will ideally have
- A relevant trade or vocational qualification
- Experienced - minimum 4 years of job-related experience required
- Previous experience in a leadership role preferably within premium hospitality/airline/airport environment
- Strong customer service ethos
- An understanding of airport services (Altea or equivalent) essential
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels
- A willingness to build knowledge across the wider team ( Food and Beverage side)
- Calm under pressure
- Flexibility to cope with flight delays and disruption
- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- To be able to demonstrate effective business like communication skills, both verbal and written.
- To be able to make decision independently and support own positive thinking.
- Genuine service/people focused attitude and understanding of needs of multicultural working/operating environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and promote positive team working environment.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV