Head of Nutrition
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Food organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands.
The CompanyOne of the biggest food companies in the world.
Role DescriptionWorking as part of our Scientific Affairs team and reporting to the Scientific Affairs Director, you will help us develop and promote products that deliver on our commitment to plant-based nutrition in a responsible and compelling manner. Proactive cooperation with our global marketing and communication teams is key to success. You will engage with researchers and opinion-formers and be a trusted voice in the debate on plant-based nutrition.
You’re an expert and a great communicator and you enjoy working on time-critical business challenges. You will manage a team of 2 internal FTE and a global network of contracted experts.
Responsibilities• Communication and Marketing:
o Work proactively with global brand teams on product positioning and claims
o Develop and deliver the nutrition elements of our category communication programme
o Co-development of knowledge-based selling materials, trade presentations, social media and website content
• Product Development:
o Application of relevant nutrition criteria to substantiate claims and other nutrition or health messaging in all markets, advising product developers
o Portfolio management, assess and develop mitigation plans for changes to statutory nutrition requirements, including labelling, also voluntary commitments and guidance
• External Representation:
o Manage relations with leading institutions and researchers to keep our knowledge, and theirs, up to date regarding our products, ingredients and manufacturing techniques
o Represent scientific, technical interests as needed, through industry associations and/or direct with regulatory bodies, authorities, scientists.
Requirements· Higher degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or Food Science. Current Registered Dietician (RD) or national equivalent status highly preferred.
· Minimum 10 years’ professional experience managing nutrition or science communication, product development, or as a senior dietician in a multinational food company, government or national authority. At least 5 years in industry is desirable.
· Good working knowledge of the global food and health policy environment.
· Excellent external networks / credibility with regulatory authorities and scientists
· Flexibility and willingness to adapt within a fast-changing business environment
· Good influencing and communication skills; ability to communicate scientific information to individuals from other disciplines or from non-technical backgrounds. Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams and in multi-cultural environments
· Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in one or more European languages is desirable.
· Travel Required-Approximately ca. 10% depending on role and business needs
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Vincent van Straten.