A salaried GP is sought for a position at Riverside Medical Practice working 6 to 8 sessions per week.
We are a group of three GP Practices covering urban and rural locations. Riverside is in the heart of Inverness, the capital of the Scottish Highlands. Situated on the picturesque River Ness, yet only a stroll from the city centre, it offers a typically vibrant and dynamic urban environment. Foyers is a small, rural, dispensing practice based on the eastern bank of Loch Ness, 20 miles south west of Inverness. Cromarty Medical Practice, is also a rural (non-dispensing) practice on the Black Isle, 25 miles to the north-east of Inverness. All practices are located in modern, purpose-built, efficient premises, with great staff.
We host GP trainees, FY2s and medical students at Riverside, offering experience at Foyers and Cromarty – and we are expanding training with ScotGEM this year. Other interests include minor surgery, occupational medicine, sports medicine, clinical leadership and medico-politics. We are keen to support doctors to either undertake traditional general practice or have a portfolio career – or both.
* £73,000 pro rata (9 sessions).
* Nine weeks' annual leave (including 2 weeks' public holidays).
* Golden Hello available to eligible applicants (typically £7.5 – £10k).
* Very manageable workload, with excellent work-life balance: surgeries currently 11 appointments, very low home visiting rate, excellent nurse-led Duty Practitioner Team, Pharmacotherapy Service, Physiotherapy pending.
* Circa 10,100 patients registered in Inverness and 1000 in both Cromarty and Foyers.
* All three surgeries use INPS Vision and Docman.
* Currently seven GP Partners across Riverside, Foyers and Cromarty.
* Five Salaried GPs.
* Four Advanced Nurse Practitioners.
* One Practice employed Clinical Pharmacist plus Board employed Pharmacy team.
* Two Practice Nurses, three Healthcare Assistants and one Pharmacy Dispenser.
* Weekly protected Educational/Clinical Meetings.
* No OOH commitment, although sessions available locally.
Applications by CV with covering letter and two referees to:
Mr Andrew Grist, General Manager, Riverside, Foyers and Cromarty Medical Practices, Ballifeary Lane, Ness Walk, Inverness, IV3 5PW.
Telephone: 07813 593780, email: email@example.com.
Informal visits encouraged.
Closing date: Friday 6th September 2019
Interview date: Monday 23rd September 2019
Start date: 1st January 2020
Warning to applicants for advertised posts
NHS Scotland’s Counter Fraud Service has become aware of potential approaches to individuals which result in requests for payments in connection with applications.
You should never need to make any form of payment to apply for an advertised post. Read more
|Location:||United Kingdom Highlands and Islands Inverness|
|Salary:||£73,000 pa GBP per year|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.