Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role as Safety Specialist, you will support the Management in promoting flight safety awareness and ensuring the prevention of aircraft accidents by making this the priority throughout all divisions and departments within the company.
- You will be a key player in coordinating the Company Group Safety Program thereby ensuring the careful recording and monitoring of safety related occurrences for adverse trends with the objective of preventing a recurrence of similar incidents, which could lead to an aircraft accident.
- You will carry out investigation into incident at the behest of the Group Safety Management and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- You will follow up with various departments for corrective actions.
- Prepare monthly presentation for the Flight Operations Safety Action Group Meeting and prepare presentation for the Quarterly Airline Safety Committee Meeting.
- You will correspond with external agencies such as Civil Aviation Departments, Airport Authorities and other agencies on safety related matters.
- You will bring to the notice of Manager Flight Safety any significant flight safety related event identified through the flight data analysis process.
- You will follow up with individual flight crew members to submit occurrence reports based on events identified as part of the Flight Operations Quality Assurance Programme.
- You must manage the occurrence reports, by ensuring accurate categorization of occurrence to enable correct analysis of events.
- You must ensure occurrences which fall under the preview of Mandatory Occurrence System are reported to Qatar Civil Aviation Authorities at the earliest but not later than 96 hours.
- You will produce statistical reports as required by the Management.
To be successful in this role, you must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. You should be a Specialist with minimum 5 years of job related experience. Experience in Airline operations as Flight Crew or experience as an engineer with a safety background including analysis of occurrence data and flight data is an added advantage.
You should be computer and database literate with hands on experience of AQD, Airfase, and other similar safety tools. You must have working knowledge of aviation and aircraft systems. You should also be familiar with legislation (ICAO, EASA Regulations or FAR and Ops Manuals) and international safety bodies such as IATA, Flight Safety Foundation etc.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate