Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport (HIA) is the hub for the rapidly expanding international Qatar Airways network. Open 24/7 and located just five km from Doha's city centre, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines. It is also home to the world’s only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers.
About your job::
You will be responsible to monitor and analyze safety practices and to constantly improve safety standards. You will supervise and control the facilities management Health & Safety Permit to Work procedures. You are required to write and understand SOP's related to safety, working at heights, confined space and fire safety. You will manage accidents/ incidents on the AQD system and subsequent related investigations to the manager/ department.
- Supervise and control the Facilities Management Health and Safety Permit to Work procedures to evaluate health and safety permits including risk assessments, method statements and airport rules, to ensure best safety practice at HIA.
- To write and understand SOP's related to safety, working at heights, confined space and fire safety, to provide continued control measures and instructions for safe working at HIA.
- To assist in obtaining and developing Health and Safety monthly and quarterly Statistical reports to be submitted to Senior Management.
- To provide technical detail for the implementation and control of risk assessments and method statements in relation to civil and mechanical engineering and Heating and Ventilation systems (HVAC) for the purpose of providing safety control across the airport.
- To assist with health and safety inspections/ audits throughout HIA to help identify potential hazards in the workplace and designate the appropriate controls to the appropriate department for implementation of control. Follow up the subsequent controls at an appropriate time to ensure implementation.
- To liaise with and assist any Government bodies and regulating bodies where necessary, acting in the best interest of HIA to ensure statutory compliance and safety implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Advance certification in Health and Safety.
- Experienced - minimum 4 years of job-related experience required.
- At least 3 years' experience in all areas of airport operations.
- Aviation experience at supervisory level.
Job Specific Skills:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to impart knowledge to staff from different cultures and background.
- Safety and security practices as stipulated by (ICAO / IATA) and safety policy of the company.
- Proficient in Ground Handling and safe aircraft loading procedures.
- Proficient in all MS Office Applications i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Creative in making presentations and Handouts / Manuals for training including revision and editing.
- Good knowledge of working languages in DOH is advantageous.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport