Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Role:
This role will be to maintain accurate, complete, reliable accounting information for Qatar Airways complying with existing Qatar Airways Groups’ accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standard.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Perform activities related to financial accounting including accounting of new business transactions in compliance with IFRS and timely completion of audits both external and internal.
- Responsible for preparations of financial statements of QR individual and QR Group companies as per IFRS.
- Perform procedures to identify accounting gaps by reviewing General Ledger schedules and reporting the gaps to the concerned teams as per defined format.
- Support other teams in identifying the correct general ledger combinations as per correct classification in the financial statements.
- Ensure fixed assets of QR are properly accounted and reported by ensuring compliance with IFRS.
- Responsible for tracking the completion of projects cost into fixed assets accounts and closing out the accounts once the related projects are completed by obtaining the documents prescribed in relevant finance procedure.
- Ensure any assets pending for capitalization in clearing accounts are capitalized timely and accurately
- Ensure reconciliations with FA module are prepared between different systems e.g. TRAX, ITAT and any variance is properly investigated by respective teams.
- Updating of chart of accounts by opening, closing, enabling and disabling general ledger codes as per the classification in the financial statements
- Perform month-end closing processes by setting closing timelines in consultation with teams, ensure books are closed as per agreed timelines and all of the closing activities are completed by respective teams accurately.
- Perform foreign currency revaluations of accounts payable, receivables and bank balances. Involve in the preparation of financial statements of the Company and group as per IAS/IFRS.
- Prepare periodic reports for senior management as per business requirement ensuring completeness, timeliness and accuracy of the information in the reports.
- Define areas of improvement and their implementation for all assets lifecycle accounting processes including assets acquisitions, disposals, transfers, scraps, depreciation, residual values, assets categorizations, physical counts etc. and maintain accounting controls. Monitor latest updates and best practices on accounting issues and update the management with the same.
- Ensure accuracy of periodic system reports by proper reconciliations of different modules within ERP and other reporting tools.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of balances in GL accounts and proper monitoring in accordance with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options according to Company policies and IAS/IFRS.
- Effectively liaise with different stakeholders in all the departments to ensure accurate data capturing and reporting.
- Performs general accounting duties as assigned including chart of accounts maintenance, monthly balance sheet reviews, monthly P&L reporting, physical counts of assets and update the recordsimpairment testing of major assets, confirm balances with third parties.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level or equivalent
- Qualified or finalist CPA/CA/ACCA or Master’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Experience in preparation of Financial Statements.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of IASs/ IFRSs and experience of applying the same within the organization.
- Knowledge of preparation of financial statements as per IAS/ IFRS.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate