Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.About Your Job:
This exciting Cargo Manager role is based in Amsterdam, Netherlands and will manage the Nordics & Baltic states. You will be responsible for preparing suitable business plans to maximize Cargo revenues for import and exports in the assigned stations/regions through effective sales strategies and promotions. You will be developing current and new customers, secure base loads and penetrate the local market to represent Qatar Airways Cargo. You will gain trust in the region as well as globally by having a constant interaction with main customers.
Key elements of the role include frequent sales calls/visits to all Cargo agents/shippers and any other government institutes to manage all aspects of operations and make every effort in acquiring sales leads and increasing awareness of QR's products range. As a member of senior operational team you are expected to manage the sales team to optimize revenue production and to research and report other airline practices and recommend corrective measures.
Further to this you will research and monitor competitors pricing and promotional activity and prompt counter action, at the same time you will steer the marketing team to ensure that promotional and advertising campaigns for the country are within set budgets. Also to execute profitability plan on annual business targets and business development strategy independently.About You:
To be eligible for this role you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor Degree or an equivalent combined with a substantial experience in airline or air freighter industry
- Solid experience in a managerial position in the realm of Sales. Training in the field of Sales Development and Cargo Market.
- Knowledge of Market leaders/ business strategies, familiarization with “airline products” and needs of forwarding industry are essential.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- You must be legally eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
- You must be able to travel frequently as this role is responsible for different regions.Note: you will be required to attach the following: