An opportunity has become available for a Clinical Nurse Consultant (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Leading and managing staff by fostering and committing to patient safety and quality in delivery of healthcare and provide clinical governance to ensure continued high quality, safe services in the relevant work area
- Assuming responsibility and accountability for own actions and the delegation and supervision of nursing care to Registered Nurses (RNs), Enrolled Nurses (ENs) and Assistants in Nursing (AINs)
- Demonstrating an expert level of knowledge of contemporary nursing practice, apply theory to practice in delivery of direct and indirect clinical care, and the ability to apply relevant legislation, guidelines and standards and ensure high level clinical practice
- Maintaining high level interpersonal and communication skills with members of the health care team, patients/clients/residents and visitors to the service
- Leading the achievement of positive patient outcomes by:
- Applying expert clinical nursing knowledge and skills, and coordinating clinical practice within a specialty area
- Taking accountability and responsibility for ensuring that practice is evidence based and continually monitoring and evaluating nursing activity in the specialty area
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). A Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position
- A Masters qualification within a relevant area is highly desirable
- A post-graduate qualification in the specialty area is highly desirable
- Experience in senior nursing positions within a relevant specialty is highly desirable
- This position requires effective computer skills or the ability to acquire computer skills relevant to the role in a short timeframe
- This position may be required to work across Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $113 261 - $122 964 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
The Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Service is a highly specialised service that specialises in support for both inpatients and outpatients and supports the entire IBD population across the Gold Coast.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Wednesday, 28 August 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC320128
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.