Become part of a tema that strives to deliver excellence in healthcare.
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision?
- Passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
Requirements of the role
- Possession of a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a recognised tertiary institution and eligibility for accredited membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers are mandatory for this position. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate Supervisor/Manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Accreditation with the Australian Association of Social Workers as an Accredited Social Worker is highly regarded.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropiate supervisor/manager prior to commencement of clinical duties.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class “C” motor vehicle and an appropriate licence must be held.
- Vaccine Preventable Disease (VPD): Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids are required to provide evidence of vaccinations or proof that they are not susceptible (due to prior exposure to the disease and therefore have natural immunity) to the following VPD's Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella and Pertussis (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis containing vaccine) according to the Queensland Health Policy.
The ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge, expertise and skill in providing social work assessment and intervention services to clients living in a rural and remote area.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level social work services of a complex nature, where established principles, procedures and methods require some expansion or adaptation under best practice and evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Demonstrated high level of leadership and contribution to an innovative service delivery model across the continuum which includes leading proficient change management and initiating, planning and evaluating improvement activities which can be readily applied to a hospital and health service environment.
- Demonstrated high level of communication and independence in effective problem solving including conflict resolution /mediation and contribute positively in all interactions in the workplace at all levels.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, that enable the development of effective relationships with clients, staff/ team members and other key stakeholders.
Salary range of $53.88 to $57.97 p.h. (HP4), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the EAP.
Ayr Health Service
The Ayr Health Service ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/services/townsville/tville_ayr_hosp ) serves a population of 17,000 people. Our 28 bed inpatient ward provides care to patients with a broad range of needs across general medical, low-risk birthing, surgical including gastroenterology, orthopaedics, paediatrics, acute and rehabilitation aged care. The facility also provides 24-hour emergency care, outpatients and telehealth.
Click here to find out more information about the region ( https://www.burdekin.qld.gov.au/community/visitor-information/#gsc.tab=0 )
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.