An opportunity has become available for several Dental Officers to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Working autonomously and organising work priorities
- Providing quality treatment in all areas of general dental clinical practice to eligible patients, ensuring they are treated with respect and receive appropriate services
- Being competent in all areas of general dental clinical practice
- Assisting in ensuring the clinical dental service provided is financially viable and cost-effective
- Liaising effectively to ensure appropriate referrals and consultations takes place within the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service Oral Health Services and outside agencies
- Ensuring that adequate client records and statistical information is recorded and maintained appropriately
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment as required by HR Policy B1: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Possession of a Queensland radiography user licence for intra-oral radiography is mandatory
- While not mandatory, further qualifications relevant to the position in dentistry would be well regarded
- Credentialing is a process that recognises an individual dentist's expertise and verifies and assesses their qualifications. If applying to work as a Dental Officer, you will have to apply for recognition of your qualifications via the Gold Coast Health Service District credentialing application process. This process allows dental officers to demonstrate accountability and responsibility for their practice including the following as per national registration standards
- Recency of Practice (within the last five years)
- Documented Professional Development in line with the AHPRA's requirements
- This position is required to travel to and/or from work from other locations within the Gold Coast University Hospital and Health Service
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a government vehicle and an approprite licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Temporary full time, Temporary part time (several positions, part time at least 2 days/week, 3 to 6 months with the possibility of extension)
- Base salary ranging from $3 967.70 - $4 776.40 p.a., $52.20 - $62.84 p.h.
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About (Oral Health)
Oral Health Service provides quality clinical dental treatment to eligible patients within the community, via community dental clinics and via mobile services across Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS). The Dentists will provide general dental care to those eligible patients from community dental clinics. GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Monday, 2 September 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC320255
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.