Advertising Closes: Sunday 1 September 2019
: Various - (Permanent Part Time and Temporary Fulltime/Part Time)Position Classification
: Registered NurseRemuneration
: $62619.50 - $87926.11Hours Per Week
: Various positions available Requisition ID
- Previous applicants for this position will be considered and need not reapply.
- Job-Share to be considered for this role.
- Permanent Full Time and Part Time vacancies - various hours available.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future Temporary and Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time positions.
Please note:Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application#
What you'll be doing
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of person centred; evidence- based nursing care that promotes positive health outcomes. The Registered nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary healthcare team. The Registered Nurse will work in therapeutic and professional relationships with individuals, as well as families, groups and communities. The Registered Nurse will assist in the provision of supervision and support for less experienced clinicians and will maintain their professional accountability and development in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia’s Standards of Practice.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients and employees.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse (Division 1).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of NSW Health Policy Directives and Australian College of Operating Room Nurses (ACORN) Standards and their application to Peri-Operative nursing practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of evidence based practice and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated commitment to person centred care and NSW Health Core Values.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Computer literacy and understanding of relevant health related information systems.