Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
Qatar Aircraft Catering Company (QACC) - An Award-winning catering company, provides exclusive catering services to Qatar Airways and other airlines that service Hamad International Airport.
About Your Job:
The purpose of this role is to support the senior chefs to ensure smooth operation within the assigned section. You will be required to plan the operation of the section with regards to manpower and scheduling of daily operations.
In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Plan, prepare, and cook menu items in his / her section as directed by Junior Sous Chef by following right ingredients and standards to ensure that all food are prepared as per HACCP standards
- Assist and get involved in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- Conduct inventory periodically as per schedule to ensure all meals produced in the shift are as per requirements and left overs are managed effectively to minimize wastage.
- Review and gain understanding of food costing, sales mix, and menu planning with Junior Sous Chef, manage wastage and maintain kitchen productivity
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- High School Qualification (O level, minimum Year 10)
- Culinary school or certified culinary professional courses/program/diploma/degree
- Professional cooking certification
- Completion of a major international brand or hotel apprenticeship
- Minimum 3 years of job- related experience in Bakery or Pastry section
- Good working knowledge about Food and Beverages
- Good knowledge of Food Hygiene and HACCP
- Ability to effectively supervise and train large and diverse work staff
- Experience in managing a high - pressured environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate