Employment Type: Temporary Full Time until 1 November 2020
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $64,184.86 - $90,122.83 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ120716
Join the dynamic Nursing team at Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital
What you'll be doing
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional care, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is committed to improving the care provided to our patients in line with our vision of Working together to improve the health and wellbeing of our community.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients and employees.
The Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality nursing care to patients/clients of theSydney/Sydney Eye (SSEH) Hospital/Service consistent with SESLHD and SSEH policies, procedures and standards.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery and to guide others in providing service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations.
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of risk management, safety and quality principles and the role of the Registered Nurse in applying these principles.
- Demonstrated recent extensive post registration experience in the Perioperative setting - Scrub/Scout