Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
In the role of Senior Manager Engineering – Power Plant, you will create and lead the implementation of operational strategy that ensures the organization meets all required safety and compliance requirements in this area.
You will ensure that aero engines and auxiliary power plants are compliant with all applicable and future airworthiness requirements, Qatar Civil Aviation Authority (QCAA), safety regulations, operational requirements, corporate requirements and maintained at highest levels of technical dispatch reliability.
In this role, you will develop strategic and tactical plans for the Power Plant Engineering team to implement on-wing and off-wing engine activities to optimize the cost of engine maintenance and provide expertise for Power Plant contract negotiations.
Key accountabilities of the role include the following:
- Set the objectives and priorities for short, medium and long-term plans and action items in order to achieve the targets and objectives for aircraft technical dispatch reliability.
- Develop and review procedures and processes for efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with applicable regulations and requirements. Initiate new procedures or revision to existing procedures, as required
- Develop applicable quality and safety processes and procedures with in areas of assigned responsibility
- Establish and manage a safety management system as required.
- Ensure an adequate independent quality audit system is developed, managed and maintained to company and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and manage implementation of appropriate control measures / key performance indicators related to safety and compliance.
- Establish targets for engine and Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) maintenance costs both on and off wing and provide guidance to the teams to achieve them.
- Have an overall responsibility for Power Plant and APU management.
- Manage physical, financial and human resources to ensure all products are delivered on time within budget while meeting/exceeding quality standards.
- Ensure effective management of Qatar Airways organizational activities within the scope of responsibility and provide necessary technical support to maintain continued airworthiness of the fleet.
- Initiate all possible measures to maintain a high level of Technical Dispatch Reliability.
- Ensure timely compliance with all airworthiness and regulatory data such as Airworthiness Directives, Regulatory Requirements or other mandatory data.
- Implement check and balances to ensure accuracy of maintenance data produced by section.
- Develop methods to optimize on and off wing engine maintenance cost and provide guidance to the teams to implement them.
- Ensure work process is effective by complying QR technical work procedures and quality standards providing specialized skills for all employees to deliver on time performance maintaining the engineering standards within the scope of work approved.
- Review and monitor all technical issues and action items periodically and keep VP Engineering briefed on status of all critical items. Allocate resources and initiate necessary actions to resolve all such issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling for specific project goals, milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure effective technical support to and expertise all Qatar Airways departments/sections on matters related to Power Plants.
- Maintain effective liaison with all Qatar Airways departments /sections, vendors, manufactures and other external parties on all technical issues.
- Develop training plans and facilitate development of other employees for proper succession planning and risk management. Identify the training needs and develop the staff accordingly to maximize productivity and efficiency. Identify and develop required resources.
- Estimate the required budget to support planned modifications, inspections and resource development.
- Prevent or minimize budget over-runs whilst achieving optimum performance.
Management & Leadership
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and make appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Set high level guidance for various group managers to meet high standards of deliverables.
- Train and develop staff reporting to self, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Support and coordinate with VP Engineering and other leadership teams for optimising departmental activities.
Qualifications and Experience required:
Applicants will need to have a minimum 10 years’ experience as a Development/Technical Services Engineer with the last five years in a supervisory/management role. Experience is engine contracts negotiations and cost management is also required.
Applicants should also have a Bachelor's level in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Electronics, or Mechatronics from a recognized university. Masters/MBA is also preferred.
In addition, candidates will have the following attributes:
- Very strong organizational, interpersonal and communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with a multinational team of professionals.
- Managerial skills - ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Ability work under pressure and maintain focus to delivery results.
- Ability to quickly identify and anticipate potentially critical issues and define mitigation plans.
- Having a Maintenance Engineer’s License will be an added advantage.
- Formal training in engine cost management and negotiations techniques is preferred.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Other Relevant Documents\Certificates\Licenses