Skill - Business Analysis with Data Background
Experience : 4 to 7 yrs..
Designation : Business Analyst
Location : Hyderabad
Job Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
The principal responsibility of the Business Analysis job category is to manage the analysis of processes in HSBC and to oversee and manage all or some of the associated activities during change implementation. They may be located in a variety of areas of HSBC, they may be located in projects as well as in established BAU teams. It is possible that the Business Analyst works on multiple projects simultaneously.
Business Analysis jobs may have reports.
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
• Capturing, analysing and documenting of business process (including IT processes)
• Designing of solutions or change interventions
• Managing change activities which can include diverse tasks such as timeline planning to stakeholder engagement
• Devising change interventions such as training and communication
• Managing the tracking and documenting progress and managing status reporting
• Implementing solutions
• Managing support staff, ensuring resources are utilised effectively and resource supply meets demand.
Impact on the Business/Function [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
· Assess the viability of new requests and provide proposals and solutions to the business that meet business requirements, align with IT strategy and maximise reuse opportunities.
· Use domain and enterprise/application knowledge to deliver business centric solutions
· Identify opportunities to reduce the complexity of the IT
enterprise and reduction in costs.
· Translate business requirements into system requirements using the appropriate terminology to facilitate the progression of a project through elaboration and definition.
· Articulate and identify non functional requirements.
· Provide business driven IT consultancy, giving information about potential technology solutions, costs and timescales to enable the business management team to make informed choices about their investments in IT
· Review deliverables of Junior BAs to ensure high quality of BA artifacts
Reuse of global solutions and global best practices.
Number of STP (Straight through processing) via the functional specifications
Reduction in cost/ effort in manual processing by automating the process through requirements/ application enhancements and functional design
Usage of QC and review comments logged in to QC
Defects raised during SIT/ UAT
Participate/lead clear choice activity
Customers / Stakeholders [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
· Report progress and identify and raise any issues/risks, escalating as appropriate to enable satisfactory resolution.
· Build trusting relationships with stakeholders by consistentlymeeting and delivering upon their business needs
· To work closely with the relevant stakeholders to define business requirements and solution scope.
· Advise and educate IT on business needs, providing business input or technology solutions to the appropriate IT entities and instruct the IT organisation in the nature of their business relationship and requirements
All escalations resolved within a reasonable time
· No escalations on the clear choice/ Requirements/ solutions proposal after submitting to business for sign off
Leadership & Teamwork [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
· Establish and maintain good communication and relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
· Support and work alongside Global colleagues to undertake responsibilities, as assigned.
· Undertake additional tasks as directed by line managers
· Provide direction and mentoring for those involved in
· more junior Business Analysis roles
· Ownership or Active participation in organizational initiatives
Progress meetings with the Business and onsite counterparts
Working group meetings on all the projects
Mentor Junior BA’s / New hires
Participate in department level or GLT level initiative
Operational Effectiveness & Control [COMPLETE 3-4 AREAS]
Adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls.
Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements (including Sarbanes Oxley), including the management of operational risk, security and adherence to the Group’s standards of ethical behaviour.
No major audit findings on the BA deliverables on the Project
No deviation from HSBC policies
All the Critical, Major and minor review comments should be discussed and closed.
Review comments/ queries from different delivery teams on project, requirements clarifications on the project should be captured in QC. QC to be regularly and properly updated with latest information.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by driving the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators, and internally identified IT security risks.
· The jobholder will implement the group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
· This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources.
Local Job Requirements (This could include; Job Dimensions, Job Context & Major Challenges)
(regulatory/compliance), such that schedule/budget/quality are not impacted.
Contribute to continuous improvements being made to standards and procedures to increase quality of project deliverables.