Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
In this role you will manage business function accounts, ensure delivery of assigned IT projects/IT solutions co-ordinating with business users, other departments of the QR and suppliers. This includes solutions built in-house, Product Implementation projects, acquired packages and IT application support.
About you: To be successful in this role you should:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
- Have at least 10+ years’ experience in software design/development of large applications with min of 3 years as Project Manager.
- Have completed min 2 full cycle project from start to end using SDLC project lifecycle.
- Be experienced in project management, stakeholder management, team leading and should have led development of large projects.
- Have hands on experience working in Onsite-offshore delivery model.
- Have good planning, organising, communication and presentation skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Project plans are realistic, maintained and properly resourced.
- Delivery is within time and cost.
- Ensure the project plan, code quality standard, application security standard related process are defined and tracked with the release of the application.
- Projects are carried out through the defined phases fully complying with QR IT processes and procedures.
- Solutions meet agreed requirements and business expectations, are maintainable and meet documented and agreed criteria. This requires that all solutions are adequately tested (functional, non-functional, performance and integration tested) before User Acceptance Testing.
- Risks are assessed and mitigation/management strategies are designed.
- Timely and accurate project information and reporting are provided to IT management and business.
- Responsible for working closely with vendor partners, business users, contract team and track product implementation project throughout the lifecycle (RFI, RFP/RFT, Technical Evaluation, Implementation, Go live etc.).
- Ensure that assigned applications are adequately supported. Manage the application support teams/suppliers.
- Analyse system faults, assess severity levels, and provide solutions
- Link similar problems by users or systems to enable detailed reporting and trend analysis
- Ensure in service reviews for external suppliers
- Perform business analysis activities to analyse user requirements, define solutions requirements, and document system specifications.
- Provide fair and accurate feedback on the performance of resources assigned to projects and application support.
- Contribute Business – IT strategy and IT budgeting of assigned business units.
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is mandatory and must have.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of High School Certificate
3. Copy of Passport