Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $32.37 - $45.45 per hour
Hours Per Week: As required
Requisition ID: REQ125701
What you'll be doing
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is committed to improving the care provided to our patients in line with our vision of 'exceptional care, healthier lives'.
The role of the Casual Pool Registered Nurse at the Albion Centre is to provide expert nursing care and to promote the well-being of people living with and affected by HIV, sexually transmissible infections (STIs) and other emerging infectious diseases.
This will involve:
- Working within an Ambulatory care - multidisciplinary model, providing assessment and management, family and carer support and education and professional advice to other health care services.
- Triaging clients to prioritise health care requirements and provide health information.
- Reviewing sexual health pathology results, delivering results to clients and consulting with medical officers when required.
- Participating in the management of clients through attendance at regular client care meetings and consulting with the multidisciplinary team members.
- Participating in clinical trials.
- Attending and participating in unit meetings, relevant in-services and professional development.
- Maintaining accurate nursing documentation and data collection.
- Maintaining client confidentiality and security of medical records.
- Providing venepuncture to clients and maintaining infection control standards.
- Administration of medications as prescribed and in accordance with policy and as per standing orders.
- Assisting in maintaining clean, safe, environment, promptly identifying and reporting hazards.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.