SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Food organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands.
The CompanyOne of the biggest food multinationals
Role DescriptionWorking as part of our Scientific Affairs team and reporting to the Head of Product Safety, you will work with our product developers and supply chain teams to ensure that our consumer products are safe by design, and safe for their intended use. You will ensure our understanding of current and emerging risks is up to date and use your expertise to help us develop innovative consumer products. Part of your role will include supporting market issues if they should arise.
Responsibilitieso Provide food safety expertise for innovation projects to ensure that all products are safe by design for their intended use.
o Detect, evaluate and advise on emerging risks related to our innovation programme and product portfolio
o Deliver transparent, well documented risk assessments to enable robust decision-making. Communicate internally and to business partners on risk assessment outcomes and provide guidance on risk management (where appropriate)
o Provide food safety expertise to the global Scientific Affairs, R&D teams, and market units as required.
o Conduct occasional risk assessments out-of-hours to support issue and crisis management as required
o Curate clinical, post-launch-monitoring and other studies relating to ingredients and products.
o Manage safety data enquires from authorities and fulfil data requirements for regulatory documentation other than compliance.
o Represent scientific, technical interests as needed, through industry associations and/or direct with regulatory bodies, authorities, scientists.
Requirements· Master or PHD in Toxicology.
· Proficiency in risk assessment and experience in its application in an industrial context
· Good working knowledge of food safety inside and outside the European Union and member states.
· Good understanding of food toxicology and food regulations.
· Excellent external networks / credibility with regulatory authorities and scientists
· Minimum 5 years’ experience managing product safety or regulatory affairs in a multinational food company, government or national authority. Industry experience is desirable.
· Flexibility and willingness to adapt within a fast-changing business environment
· Good influencing and communication skills; ability to communicate scientific information to individuals from other disciplines or from non-technical backgrounds. Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams and in multi-cultural environments
· Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in one or more European languages is desirable.
· Travel Required-Approximately ca. 10% depending on role and business needs
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Joris Opdam.