Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Role:
As a Learning Management Specialist you will be responsible for providing assistance on maintenance and running the Qatar Airways Learning Management System (LMS) by collaborating with the IT team and other user departments.
The Qatar Airways LMS, Cornertone OnDemand, will serve more than 50,000 users and will be critical for administering and managing learning activities within Qatar Airways Group. The incumbent is required to have system expertise and interaction within all levels of the organization.
- Conduct training programs for all course managers, department coordinators and trainer roles defined in LMS ensuring adequate user knowledge of the system.
- Monitor and controlling the daily operations of LMS
- Responsible for data migration and uploads to update all training records in the system for user departments.
- Reviews and assists in the creation of business requirements documents, funcational specification documents, test plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and user manuals.
- Assisting all QR group Departments including Talent Development in ensuring that all training related administration is managed accurately and effectively through LMS.
- Validating all data for pre and post course activity.
- Define and create hierarchy and categories for new existing user departments
- Responsible for creating new courses, offerings and classes for new and existing user departments
- Responsible for reviewing the system features, user feedback and make recommendations on upgrades for enhanced navigational and usability experience.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all integrated modules and systems and producing impact analysis report on system upgrades
- Coordinating with IT development team in creation and documentation of system enhancement and functionalities.
- Reviewing with modifying SQL queries to extract data as per requirements from various business units.
- Liaise with IT development team for defining and creating all prototype pages for new upgrades.
- Responsible for update of all development and enhancement phase document using Share Point and Version Control System (VSS).
- Coordinate with IT for uploading and testing all eLearning courses during the development phase.
- Creating monthly report on training statistics for TD and other department.
- Develop and deliver presentation and provide turnaround to problems & emergency situations that impact normal operations.
- Lead & facilitate meetings with vendors and internal departments to coordinate consistent system and business processes.
- Attending all operational and training meetings as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of direct experience in implementation, deployment and support of Learning Management Systems in a global enterprise.
- Certification and/or accreditation in Database Management.
- Cornerstone OnDemand LMS experience will be preferred.
- Specialist – minimum 5 years of job related experience required.
- 5 years of experience in providing system support with conducting technical training for system users on a need basis.
- Sound knowledge of new learning technologies in the market.
- Understanding of eLearning standards including SCORM, AICC and IMS.
- Experience of Cornerstone OnDemand LMS is highly preferred
Job Specific Skills:
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps from overall strategy.
- Project and time management skills.
- Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks / problem solving in high-pressure environment.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate a team towards outstanding results.
- A critical attitude supporting quality and detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to engage with senior management.
- Well development interpersonal skills and ability to engage with senior management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS office tools.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate