HSBC Life Insurance Company Limited
Headquartered in Shanghai, HSBC Life Insurance Company Limited is a 50-50 joint venture between HSBC Insurance (Asia) Limited and The National Trust Ltd. with a registered capital of RMB 1025 million. HSBC Life offers a comprehensive range of insurance solutions to our customers covering protection, retirement, children’s education, wealth growth and management, and legacy planning.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role, you will:
Reporting to Manager, Finance Operations, the role holder's responsibilities are:
1. Conduct risk management and implement CROSS (IRR, SARMRA) within Finance,
2. Undertake Local Compliance Representative ("LCR") responsibilities by implementing Compliance policy and procedures, ensuring an adequate understanding and compliance of all relevant regulations applicable to Finance.
3. Lead regulatory change projects, assessments and interpretations of upcoming regulations and expected impacts for Finance.
4. Manage Asset & Liability management ("ALM") internal and regulatory requirements within Finance, ensure policy completeness and implementation effectiveness.
5. Continuously enhance internal controls, coordinate and monitor Finance policies and procedure update, ensure a smooth, efficient work flow set-up in operation with concern of effective control as well as business needs, support management to ensure that investigations are addressed appropriately on a timely basis
6. Coordinate Internal Audit projects within Finance, deliver specific requirement, detail work arrangement and timetable to relevant staff in time, recommend appropriate remedial actions and monitor execution status.
7. Support Finance projects, such as new product launch, new system deployment, new branch setup, and other ad-hoc projects.
8. Support Finance training program, talent development, cultural changes, and maintain a healthy working environment within Finance.
9. Other Ad-hoc tasks assigned by Finance Operation Manager and CFO.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, and Audit.
2. 4+ year insurance financial experience, Big 4 experience or internal control/internal audit experience preferred.
3. Familiar with China GAAP and Insurance practice rule.
4. Qualified member from recognizable professional accountancy bodies (e.g. CICPA etc.) is preferred.
5. Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities, effective problem solver.
6. Excellent team player, and with ability to work under minimal supervision.
7. Good communication skills in Chinese and English (written and spoken).
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within and inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Company relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.Issued by HSBC Life Insurance Company Limited