About Global Network Strategy & Transformation
Global Network Strategy & Transformation (GNS&T) is the team tasked with envisioning the American Express payment Network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to deliver it. Taking the lead on this strategic imperative for the company, this global team is looking to define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and deliver a digital global payments Network that is an enabler of rapid innovation.
Reporting to the Director of New Payment Products, this role is an exciting opportunity for a talented product leader to drive a vision that enables new Network payment products (e.g. emerging digital form factors such as QR codes, push payments capabilities, and ‘debit like’ products). They will have the opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of innovative and disruptive digital payment solutions and directly contribute to the success of American Express.
The Product Manager/Senior Manager in the New Payments Product Development team will focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis to develop insights that will allow for the identification of new product concepts to drive growth for American Express and our Network Partners.
- Define new ‘push’ payment capabilities, identify/prioritize use case, and design “minimum viable product” features and user stories to ensure a focus on delivering maximum value.
- Design and lead test & learn pilots, and leverage learnings to refine the product roadmap.
- Develop robust business cases, key metrics for success, and plans to monitor and realize stated benefits. Assess product KPIs and identify opportunities to grow adoption, improve profitability, and/or expand use cases.
- Articulate the product’s value proposition and define a go-to-market strategy that allows for full exploitation of the market opportunity.
- Create and manage new product designs, specifications, transaction flows, customer experiences, and performance criteria.
- Engage internal business unit leaders and partners to understand customer needs, collaborate on new/relevant product concepts, and present implementable solutions to gain alignment on product strategy.
- Develop the Network solutions and capabilities, collaborating with all business groups across the organization, to deliver the flawless execution of product delivery including infrastructure, technology, and processes.
- Monitor relevant industry trends, competitive landscape, digital trends, and customer feedback to fuel updates to product strategies and roadmaps.
- At least three years’ experience in Strategy, Product Development and/or Management Consulting
- Experience in developing new product strategies, business cases, go to market plans, and product roadmaps.
- Passion for payments and innovation: Passion to drive delivery in a fast-moving and innovative environment. Knowledge of payments industry and disruptive technologies, ideally expertise in digital payments, e.g., push payments.
- Demonstrated strong relationship/partnership experience; leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams to manage large scale product launches, including test & learn pilots.
- Intellectual curiosity: High-intellectual curiosity, out-of-the-box, creative & critical thinker with experience in complex problem solving and strategic thought leadership.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to mobilize and lead cross-functional team collaboration to drive results in a fast paced, multi-partner environment with constant change. Demonstrated track record for driving results in complex and highly-matrixed organizations.
- Nimble team player: Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and effectively operate in ambiguity, white space, and quickly-evolving priorities.
- Effective communicator and influencer: Excellent communication skills, proficient in developing excellent quality presentations and deliverables for an executive audience. Ability to indirectly influence a wide range of diverse stakeholders.
- MBA/Advanced Degree is a plus but not required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Why American Express: There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.