Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
Qatar Aircraft Catering Company (QACC) - An Award-winning catering company, provides exclusive catering services to Qatar Airways and other airlines that service Hamad International Airport.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for ensuring that the flight linens have been packed according to the QR Standards and ready to dispatch. You will handle the resources for the best possible productivity and lead a team for the preparation of QR, Foreign Airlines, Amiri Flights, Crew Trainings, etc.
You will also generate a considerable amount of documentation, from Material Request, Linen Request, Shift Report, Obselete Record, Accident/ Incident Report, etc. You will follow and implement operational changes as guided by the Line Supervisor.
In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that the highest standards are maintained at all times for packing of linen and delivering it to the flights.
- Coordinate between the Team Leader and rest of the junior staff for on time completion of assignments.
- Handling resources for the best possible productivity
- Leads a ream for the preparation of all Qatar Airways flights as well as Amiri flights and other airlines
- Follows and implements operational changes as guided by the Linen Supervisor
- Ensure proper staff allocation to all sections.
- Accountable for correct labeling of prepared flight.
- Check packed flight linen randomly before releasing to the Operation- Transport Department.
- Allocating junior team members and preparing shift work plan according to schedule
- Briefing team on the changes and requirements to ensure up to date information is being used
- Ensure proper recycling of linen to minimise wastage
- Record all operational handover sheets and necessary data to achieve 100% standard uplift as per airline requirements
- Ensure the highest quality linen product is packed and delivered to flights
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum High School Qualification (a Trade or Vocational Qualification is preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of job-related experience. It is preferred to have Trade or Vocational Qualification.
- Specialised knowledge of different types of linen and textiles and latest updates to pack all QR flights
- Good knowledge and exposure of various linen and related products used in airline industry
- Basic knowledge of computers, conversant with operations of Linen Department
- Ability to work under less supervision
- Knowledge of GLP and linen packing, communication on wireless radio operation, ramp safety awareness
- Ability to communicate in English, both spoken and written.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate