Chief Medical Officer
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology organisation, based in Utrecht Netherlands.
The CompanyThe company is a startup and focusing on inborn metabolic disease. They are currently looking for a CMO who will guide the company through the required clinical trials and regulatory applications to market approval.
Our client has discovered a compound with the ability to cure a presently incurable disease. They are now developing this further into a first-in-class orphan drug. In time, the drug has the potential to also be used to cure nervous system disorders.
Role DescriptionIn this role you will be able to make an impact on the lives of a niche group of patients.
You will be part of a small group of dedicated clinicians, looking to market a groundbreaking first-in-class drug that has the potential to bring a cure to a group of patients presently without any future prospects.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be responsible for the following:
1. Hands-on multi-site trial design
2. Finalize contracts with relevant sites
3. Networking with relevant stakeholders and Key Opinion Leaders
4. Liaise with EMA & FDA on obtaining necessary approval and fast-track schemes and advise them on end-point-selection
Requirements- MD with a strong clinical background, ideally with knowledge of inborn disease
- 8+ years of experience as a CMO, Clinical Director or similar
- Demonstrable successful track-record in marketing an orphan drug (phase II to market)
- Several years of experience as a lead negotiator with the FDA and EMA on end-points for first-in-class drugs
- Demonstrable experience in obtaining fast-track and accelerated status for an orphan drug
- Extensive hands-on experience in trial design - from phases up to market approval
- EU or US citizen - willing and able to work at least 1 day a week from the Dutch office
- Fluent command of the English language (Dutch is a plus)
Other informationThis is a permanent role and there is a possibility to work 4 days in the week.
Our client is looking for someone who is dedicated, pro-active, reliable and a excellent networker.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Bram Reulen.