Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
You will plan, organize, and accomplish contracting functions liaising closely with the Contracts and Legal Specialists to include: reviewing, analysing, negotiating, drafting and processing contracts for Qatar Airways. Advise on contractual interpretation.
- Confers with internal/external stakeholders to understand contract requirements, and advise on contractual interpretations.
- Participates in formulating contracting policies and procedures. Analyses policies and procedures necessary to improve contracting process, and internal customer support. Implements policies based on sound business practices and highest standards of ethical conduct and fiscal responsibility. Works in automated systems essential to enhancing contracting efficiency.
- Ensures contracting system is responsive to needs and requirements, and ensures compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. Implements internal systems and processes, manual and automated, required to accomplish and monitor the end results.
- Improve quality of contracts to the benefit of airline and group by understanding and modifying certain contractual language and assuring an “all bases covered” work product.
- Assist and support Contracts Department’s Management to negotiate contracts for continuous, productive and cost effective business.
- In coordination with all relevant departments, review contracts to the most cost effective and feasible proposals.
- Identify and mitigate areas of concern affecting the contracts.
- Responsible for all documentation of contract execution process.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
Environmental Competencies Apply:
- Contribute towards Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets and the implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System.
- Apply environmental knowledge and principles in your role, and incorporate this into business processes and decision making, to drive efficiencies and reduce environmental and operational risks.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level in Law.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in contracts, legal field, preferably in the aviation industry.
Job Specific Skills:
- PC literate with knowledge of Word/PowerPoint / Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and Team working skills
- Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- English speaking. Arabic speaking a bonus.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate