Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role::
Manages the Flight Crew Manpower Planning team and is primarily tasked with accurately tracking and forecasting Crew demand against supply. Responsible for key functions including Pilot recruitment targets, fleet transfers, command upgrades, Instructor upgrades, standby planning, leave allocation and distribution of training duties.
- Drive enhancements to the Flight Crew & Flight Crew Instructor Manpower Planning system/tools to meet changing business strategies and improve accuracy of tracking and projecting Crew demand and supply.
- Responsible for the annual Flight Crew & Flight Crew Instructor Manpower budget and respects the constraints and requirements of relevant stakeholders from across the business.
- Manages the Flight Crew Manpower team to develop and maintain short, medium and long-term manpower plans to optimize Crew costs and maximize crew efficiency and utilization.
- Responsible for delivering an efficient and cost effective training plan including the recruitment, upgrade and fleet qualification of Flight Crew.
- Responsible for delivering monthly standby requirements that provide adequate coverage to mitigate against operational disruption.
- Responsible for delivering Crew leave limits that assist in minimizing the accrual of balance leave and maintain operational robustness.
- Represents Flight Crew Manpower in the monthly handover to Rostering and Training Planning.
- Represents Flight Crew Manpower in regular and adhoc meetings with key stakeholders.
- Conduct regular audits of business process to ensure compliance with regulatory and business requirements.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Previous airline experience.
- Previous experience in workforce management / establishment planning / manpower planning.
- Previous experience in strategic planning.
Job Specific Skills:
- Highly developed planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and effective in a multicultural setting.
- Grasp of commercial impacts and financial management and budgetary work.
- Proficient in English communication (written and spoken) and facilitation/presentation skills.
- Strong attention to details, organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, perform independently and work well with team members.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate