Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
Qatar Aircraft Catering Company (QACC) - An Award-winning catering company, provides exclusive catering services to Qatar Airways and other airlines that service Hamad International Airport.
About Your Job:
Our recruitment team is coming to Kenya to conduct interviews for this role end October in Nairobi. The venue will be confirmed shortly. Please keep yourself free for these days once you have applied and we will be in touch.
As a Grade 1 (QC.01) with Qatar Aircraft Catering Company, you will be responsible but not limited to the following duties:
Responsible for the execution of assigned work/tasks by supervisor within assigned department e. g. Ware Washing, Equipment Packing, Stores, Laundry, Cleaning, Tray Setting, Loading, and/or Dispatch. You will also be responsible to carry out most of the manual handling activity, follow safety procedures, and adhere to the highest level of hygiene standards.
- Receive offload, dismantle, segregate and wash all offloaded equipment ensuring proper handling and storage as per instruction
- Strip trays with equipment from carts and feed into the conveyor system for washing by machine
- Dilute and use safely and economically various cleaning chemicals and disposable materials
- Handle and clean safely sophisticated machinery and sensitive production equipment for both internal and external customers
- Carry out cleaning of premises of the entire facility including external and peripheral areas, including staff facility lockers and toilets
- Collect and dispose garbage with care and ensure that no valuables are disposed
- Operate Cart Transport System
- Receive washed equipment, check, pack and label as per specifications and galley loading plans
- Collect and recycle unused disposables and menu cards to minimize wastage
- Ensure that tray sets for all classes (FC,JC, YC) are followed as per airline specification and schedule
- Receive materials from suppliers, help in unloading goods, move items between areas using pallet jacks, store and issue materials based on First Expire, First Out (FEFO) as per requirement
- Facilitate thawing of items by de-boxing and arranging at the thawing chiller
- On time flight build/ dispatch/loading/offloading of allocated flights as per the airline specification/ galley loading plan (GLP) and food safety standards.
- Adhere to ramp safety while performing duties airside
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- High School qualification
- Up to 2 years of experience
- Physical / manual handling work experience
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to lift / move / monoeuvre goods and equipment up to 165 lbs.
- Ability to pull heavy carts of stock through the facility
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, bend, stoop, lift and reach during the entire length of shift
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members
- Ability to schedule and prioritize workflow
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate