Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your Job:
Implementation, maintenance and testing of fire detection and fire protection systems in the residential as well as commercial buildings of Qatar Airways.
- Responsible for implementation and evaluation of fire safety measures in the QR Buildings.
- Responsible for adherence, implementation, monitoring of Fire hazards related contents of Safety Policy of Qatar Airways.
- Promptly provide any feedback to the management in the eventuality of any threats.
- Report on the suitability and sufficiency of existing fire system arrangements in new properties identified for leasing and identify solutions to address any areas of deficiency.
- Responsible for surveillance of Qatar Airways buildings ensuring a safe environment at all times to assure that portable devices like fire extinguishers, fire blankets, signage, active devices like smoke detectors, fire alarms, sprinkler system and fire hydrants are in operating condition;
- Participate in mock fire drills conducted in Office Buildings and contribute in fire prevention programs.
- Responds to all fire alarms; determines occurrence of any fire situation; escalates the incidence to the Line Manager, verifies the attempts to extinguish fire and where required coordinate with fire department.
- Drafts incident and accident reports and maintains a record of fire safety related activities. Renders first aid to employees, residents, and visitors in cases of injury or illness
- Supervise repairs and maintenance of fire alarm systems and firefighting systems as instructed by Line Manager. Checking detectors, cabling, alarm panel, and fixing faults of minor nature.
- Supervise breakdown maintenance in situations where the Service Provider appointed by Building Owner does not respond to calls as required by expected SLA / turnaround time. Inspect the existing systems particularly in the old buildings and advice on capital repairs of old, obsolete and outdated equipment.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support on relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and standards in order to minimize fire risks and hazards. Identifies potential safety or fire hazards; takes action or makes recommendations to eliminate hazard.
- Assist Lead Fire and Safety officer as well as Legal Department during inspection of Fire systems by Government authorities with technical inputs.
- Conducts and participates in employee safety and accident prevention programs; participate in preliminary investigation of employee accidents.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Ensure that any personal data obtained and processed is treated in accordance with data protection principles followed by the Group, as well as applicable Group policies and Procedures on data protection and information security.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimize health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Additionally, should have Certificate from competent institute of having qualified as Fire and Safety Officer.
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Experience in supervisory role in any of the Facility Management or Engineering section of the Hotels
- Should be well conversant with FM 200 systems as well as other specialized fire protection systems.
- Experience in a supervisory position
- Proven track record in working independently and in groups.
- Experience of undertaking inspections of premises and evaluating the fire systems.
- Experience of evaluating fire safety design submissions desirable
- Experience in Gulf region having a certificate of registration with authorities from any of the Gulf countries where the applicant has resided.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
4. Copy of Passport