Embedded Software Architect
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Medical Devices organisation, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands.
The CompanyThe company you will be working for is based in Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands. It is one of the major players in the field of medical devices, and well-known throughout The Netherlands and abroad.
Role DescriptionWill you be strengthening our team with your software design specialization and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process? Can we count on you to develop new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications? Will we be able to challenge you to show an abstract understanding of concepts but at the same time show in-depth low level programming knowledge of C++?
You will be contributing to a team responsible for developing the software that manages and controls the video routing for the X-ray system. Delivering high quality X-ray images in real-time is essential for this application.
You will be working closely with the Software Engineers, system integrators and system testers.
done in close cooperation with the Software system architect(s) and test and integration teams.
Responsibilities• Drive the creation of the software architecture in modular, easy to maintain and extendable parts (components and modules).
• Formulate the SW-technical roadmap, relevant for the subsystem taking into account SW technologies (operating systems, databases), application trends, non-SW technologies (image processing trends etc.)
• Conduct Concept & Feasibility studies. Lead the introduction of new technologies.
• Technically responsible for the software in (sub-) projects. Delegate, control and verify that the SW is built against the defined SW architecture. Verify that the integration is according to the architecture.
• Ensure the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate components in modular, easy-to-maintain software that meets the product specification
• Guide the Software Development Engineers in the design and implementation of the parts of a subsystem.
• Participate in the system architecture definition and in the Product Requirement Specification; advises the System Architect regarding choices of what has to be achieved in hardware and what in software (multidisciplinary), and advises on make-or-buy decisions.
• Develop the required subsystem interface (hardware/software) in close consultation with hardware counterparts.
• Keep expertise in design techniques, application domain and SW engineering up-to-date and propagate it, both internal and external.
• Advise on internal development or outsourcing.
• Influence the choice of development environment and driving the top-level software design.
• Network with colleagues within BU and beyond and maintains external contacts for benchmarking, new SW-technologies, tooling, design methods, and reflects them to the SW-group.
• Abreast of / participate in standards.
• Formulate improvements within the domain of expertise such as technical and process improvements etc.
• Perform work in line with the departmental processes
• Contribute to (SW-) technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities.
• Contribute to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area.
• Inspire other team members to get the job done.
RequirementsMaster’s degree in informatics, computer science, electrical engineering or related fields
• 10+ years of experience in technical software development
• C++ 11 knowledge
• Consistent track record in defining and maintaining complex software architecture
• Software modeling experience (UML, DSL, Dezyne, …)
• Experienced in working with legacy code
• Windows 7/10
• Preferably experience with using and building DSL’s (Xtext/Xtend)
• Can do style
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Tim de Jong.