Role Title:Software Engineering Manager
Business: Regional CIO - ASP
Role Purpose / Description
The role will be part of a global IT technology team leading our HSBC IT Tooling and DevOps technology initiatives. The day to day responsibilities of the role include the followings:
- Explore new IT Tools and technology that improves IT operation and change delivery
- Engineer IT Tooling platforms with high scalability, resiliency, operability and performance.
- Lead technology forums and sharing sessions to the wider IT organization
- Support and manage the operations of IT Tools
- Successful candidate will play a leader role in our China IT Tooling team and will be responsible to develop and manage the team
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- 8+ years in IT industry, with experience as a team leader is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in a number of IT tools, for example, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker, Grafana, Splunk, ELK, TeamCity, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.
- Strong Experience and knowledge on different Cloud architectures and platforms – AWS, GCP, MS Azure, etc. will be an advantage
- Good understanding of Agile and DevOps practices
- Proficient Linux and Network administration and troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge and experience on some programming languages, E.g. Java, Python, NodeJS, etc.
- Strong communication skills in English and Chinese
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.