Role Title: Senior Consultant Specialist
Business: Regional CIO - ASP
Role Purpose / Description
Hang Seng deploys the latest technologies to meet changing customer needs and enhance the Banks’ leading and competitive position in the market. Our professional Information Technology experts are dedicated to developing customer-oriented systems and ensuring that our valuable customers can enjoy a sophisticated range of banking products in the most efficient and convenient way.
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
- Competent in require project methodology.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Works closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient
implementation of the project(s).
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting
requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances
and initiating corrective actions.
- Works with developers and designers to define and document questions, liaise with
business via email, IM or phone to get new requirements and explain feasibility.
- Submits project status reports to stakeholders; reviews bugs; plans software releases;
anticipates and reacts to change.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Uiversity degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Experience as a construction project manager, IT project manager or ERP project
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Understanding of Agile methodoligies.
- Experience overseeing a construction project.
- Budget management experience.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.