Role Title: Senior Software Engineer
Business: Regional CIO - ASP
Hang Seng deploys the latest technologies to meet changing customer needs and enhance the Banks’ leading and competitive position in the market. Our professional Information Technology experts are dedicated to developing customer-oriented systems and ensuring that our valuable customers can enjoy a sophisticated range of banking products in the most efficient and convenient way.
Role Purpose / Description
• Design and implement code to meet demands from business driven projects.
• Perform code review to ensure code quality.
• Work with testing teams for troubleshoot of defects and issues.
• Estimate and break down tasks to achieve realistic targets.
• Alignment with project managers to track key deliverables.
• Lead an engineering team to deliver technical solutions as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• University degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline.
• Minimum 5-7 years of work experience specifically in frontend / backend development, system integration / migration.
• Solid knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
AngularJS 1.5, ECMAScript 6, HTML 5, CSS 3, Bootstrap, Sass
Java 8, Spring, JUnit, Mockito
Apache Camel, Mule, MQ
SOAP, REST APIs, RAML, Microservices
• Experienced in CI / DevOps and automated testing tools; such as Confluence, Jira and Jenkins.
• Effective communication skills in spoken and written English.
• Able to multitask, proactive and attention to detail.
• Sense of urgency to solve problems and propose solutions.
• Proven emphasis on quality with experience of agile development methodology.
• Experienced in leading engineering team.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further