Role Title: Senior Digital Finance Manager
New or Existing Role? New
Impact on Business
· Work with the Head of Digital Financial Planning & Control, Vendor & Supplier Management, Business Management and other key stakeholders from Digital, Data & Development; as well as RBWM Finance and Global Functions to produce regular and accurate D3 budgeting and Financial Planning analysis.
· Oversee the business side of the digital spend against agreed investments and programmes, including the Annual Operating Plan and the regional budgets reported locally
· Implement a flexible and robust planning, cost management control and optimisation framework with the ability to produce Financial Reporting at a level appropriate to supporting management decisions across senior leadership
· Working with the Digital Technology finance team to develop ‘end-to-end’ view of costs from a delivery perspective, including preparation of regular financial submissions for the Digital Portfolio Investment Committee (PIC), Steering Committees and Management Committees, working with the Portfolio Assurance and Delivery Management teams to assess, control and monitor requirements and investment requests
· Lead on the development of the financial profile and spending in the roadmaps and implementation plans of the cross functional teams.
· Lead implementation, operationalisation and continuous improvement of financial processes and systems, including rapid access to approved funds for teams and embedding of automation wherever possible
· Lead on ensuring detailed financial modelling is carried out to inform and support the full range of programme or business projects, including the development of Business Cases for new initiatives
· Work with RBWM Group Finance to articulate the business benefits that have been delivered from our investments, working towards a holistic view of digital benefits
· Own the design and governance of Global Digital, Data & Development business cost centres, ensuring alignment where possible with the delivery model and the technology framework, as well as providing guidance on the structure, ownership and recharge of cost centres in adjacent parts of the business
· Support the management of global cost recharge policy and allocations to RBWM markets as well as building & owning relationships with the markets on whose behalf we are delivering
· Support the management and reporting of spend from global cost codes
· Deputise for the Head of Digital Financial Planning & Control as required
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· An individual with a strategic and innovate approach to delivery, comfortable with a high level of ambiguity prepared to relentlessly drive through extensive change to deadlines
· Willingness to challenge existing financial practices bringing forward solutions to improve performance.
· Experience leading and working in a Business / Technology Finance role preferably in a large corporate.
· An ability to carefully balance flexible financial frameworks while still ensuring the right level of control and protection for HDS.
· Effective written and oral communication and influencing skills, including creating strong financial narratives to support deck and report materials.
· Useful to have experience of working in agile environments with cross functional teams.
· Experience managing teams to deliver to tight deadlines.
· Accountancy qualified (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with up to extensive relevant finance experience.
· Proven planning and prioritising skills.
· An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out why things happen.
· Good understanding of Digital businesses.
· Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills.
· Strong work ethic, professional and personable.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.