Senior Scientist Neurobiology
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology organisation, based in Noord-Holland Netherlands.
The CompanyThis young Biotech start-up is currently growing fast and therefore looking for new scientists to support the Drug Discovery team. The scientists working in this company obtain a unique take on disease biology. Focused on identifying and validating novel drug targets with a focus on the development of new medicines. Are you the ambitious self-starting Senior Scientist that this company is looking for?
Role DescriptionYou will be responsible for the conception, design, day to day execution and the supervision of several projects. Planning according to timelines and budgets, defining and managing milestones and deliverables to monitor project progression. Spending time planning, executing, analyzing and report on the project as a whole, including experimental findings and their conclusions and resulting biological insights. Actively proposing and planning new projects, directions and applications as well as executing project plans for the projects after management approval.
Responsibilities- Driving force behind complex research projects
- Maintain overview of all the projects and managing all involved participants
- Subject matter expert in relevant disease areas
- Engage with Contract Research Organizations (CRO's), set up research projects and monitor their work
- Generate regular reports on project progress, including timelines and budget implications in case of project deviations
- Identify novel disease/indication opportunities
- Guide, instruct and motivate scientists and research assistants according to the needs of the project
Requirements- PhD in a relevant field
- 6 years' of Postdoc experience in Biomedical research
- 3 years' of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive expertise in Neurobiology
- Broad understanding of cellular disease mechanisms
- Proven track record of success in research
- Experience in project management and coordination of large projects
Other informationThe right candidate for this position has a strong drive and is able to set targets. You are an ambitious Senior Scientist and has strong leadership skills in supervising and managing scientific colleagues. You are an excellent team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Ewout de Jong.