Job Description - Senior Credit and Risk Manager - Global Risk (0000DSFG)
Senior Credit and Risk Manager - Global Risk : 0000DSFG
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Credit and Risk Manager.
- Develop product programs for Hong Kong Retail Banking and Wealth Management asset products with product managers and manage each product program to achieve the Banks growth target.
- Assist business to have an understanding of potential credit risks and establish appropriate and sufficient controls and credit processes to ensure new acquisition is in line with HSBCs risk appetite.
- Ensure regional compliance with all internal and regulatory controls, such as Banking Ordinance, Banking Exposure Limits Rules, in the dynamic local regulatory environment and collaborate with other stakeholders including Regulatory Compliance, Legal, HSBC Operations Services Technology to implement effective controls.
- Support Group and Regional initiatives, including Stress Testing , Recession and Recovery plan, governance structure, Basel II model re developments, IFRS9, BCBS, LIC forecast
- Enhance and support the governance in Retail Banking and Wealth Management Risk, including governance forums, SLOD oversight framework, Operational Risk Management Framework
- Administer various audits and reviews from both internal parties and external auditors and regulators.
- Develop and manage Management Information System to reflect delinquency, loss, vintage, profitability, new acquisition trend, score performance and possibility to increase profit from new and existing customers.
- Analyse and identify potential areas of improvement in credit loss, product offers, customer segments, credit procedures
- Integrate risk outputs into a strategy that delivers maximum long term profitability.
- University degree in a relevant discipline.
- Extensive years of appropriate Credit Risk working experience, focusing in Retail Banking and Wealth Management business.
- In depth knowledge of retail credit risk with a good understanding of portfolio management techniques.
- Good understanding of overall business dynamics in Banking, particularly Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
- Well developed analytical skills, with proficiency in data analysis using statistical or database packages, for example SAS, SQL or Excel
- Proven project management skills.
- Highly motivated mindset, with the ability to work collaboratively with various Customer Groups and external parties, iincluding regulators, to deliver assignments on time.
- Excellent Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Risk and Compliance
: Asia Pacific-Hong Kong-Kowloon-Kowloon City
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 16-Dec-2019, 12:40:19
: 15-Jan-2020, 23:59:00