At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Licensed MasterSocial Worker for inpatient Behavioral Health unit maintains a caseload of patients in multiple settings to provide psychosocial services and assist
the patient/family with resources, information and services to benefit their adjustment to illness, hospitalization and
recovery throughout the continuum of care. This includes age appropriate interventions for children, adolescents,
adults, and older adults. The Social Worker assesses the patient’s situation and initiates appropriate action to obtain
available community resources. The Social Worker participates in the development of the plan of treatment, preparing
clinical notes, participates in team conferences and in the discharge planning process. The Social Worker is
responsible for attending and participating in staff meetings, in-services, special projects and continuing education.
Required Minimum Education:
· Graduate with a Masters’ degree in Social Work from an accredited school
Required Minimum Certification:
· Licensed as LMSW
· BLS certification required
· Valid Georgia driver’s license
Required Minimum Experience:
· Prefer three (3) years in healthcare
· One (1) year in area of specialty preferred
Required Minimum Skills :
· Independent and self-directed, problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong assessment and clinical skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to write and follow directions to patient’s house
· Use of Windows based computer, utilizing home health patient software, email, internet, computer-based learning modules, etc.
· Knowledge of home health operations, case management, community resources, reimbursement, law and regulatory processes.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. The WellStar culture of caring has also been nationally recognized three years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
DepartmentBehavioral Health Resource
FacilityWellStar Atlanta Medical Center
|Location:||United States Georgia Atlanta|
|Salary:||Highly Competitive USD per year|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.