Associate Scientist | Downstream Process Development
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Pharmaceutical organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands.
The CompanyAre you looking forward to join a company that is transforming individual lives and fundamentally changes the way diseases are interpreted, managed and in the end prevented? Join this company and together with the most creative colleagues you will bring innovative science to the world.
Role DescriptionAs an Associate Scientist you will join the Downstream process Development team. You will be part of a team that is driving production and characterization of bacterial vaccine candidates. It is mainly consisting of protein- and glycoprotein antigens. Responsible for developing and operating a broad range of bio-pharmaceutical Downstream process units from high-throughput screening and development scales that go up to 10 Liter. Interacting with various other teams, support departments and external organizations like CROs.
Contributing to the scope of the Downstream Process Development team, purifying bacterial antigens to facilitate early-stage vaccine development and developing downstream processes for late-stage development programs.
Responsibilities- Prepare, perform and document experiments in an Electronic Lab Notebook environment following established methodologies
- Execute development studies, identifying and determine appropriate conditions and ranges of process parameters for chromatographic purification and separation
- Identify deviations in the process, suggesting possibilities for root-cause and troubleshooting
- Screening and development of studies using high-throughput platforms
- Perform data analysis, report and present main conclusions to the Downstream Process team
- Relevant software skills like: Unicorn, JMP, SuperPro e.g.
- Managing stocks and keep inventories up to date
- Following GLP and safety regulations
Requirements- Minimum Bachelor of Science in a relevant discipline
- 1-2 years' of experience in the (bio-) pharmaceutical industry
- Experienced working with protein and/or glycoprotein purification methods like chromatography, filtration or precipitation)
- Good knowledge working with high-throughput platforms or liquid handling systems and downscale models
- Hands-on experience of in-process analytical techniques
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Helene de Vries.