SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Food, Chemicals, Biotechnology and Agriculture & Crop Sciences organisation, based in Glasgow City United Kingdom.
The CompanyOur client is the global market leader in their field. The products are highly complex and for that reason the Research and Development department is one of the most important departments in the company. The company in a process of evaluating the growth opportunities and looking for individuals to come on that journey. For this reason our client is looking for multiple Development Technologists.
Role Description- You will be part of the future growth of the R&D function and the organisation
- Opportunity to work on exciting, practical projects from day one
- The projects are an exciting blend of physics, chemistry, biology and engineering – they require a truly dynamic and scientific mind-set
- The projects are global – you could be sitting in Scotland working on a project for a Japanese customer – that provides the opportunity to liaise with the Japanese sales team, customers, Australian production team, etc. and oftentimes these projects come with travel
- Career development opportunities – practical, hands-on learning opportunities with plenty of opportunities to progress career both laterally and upwards over the years.
- You will have your own projects to work on. You won’t be buried deep in the organisation – You'll be working on projects which the sales team care about and which are practical, useful and needed on the marketplace! There’s therefore a real, tangible outcome of the individuals’ work that the practical, hands-on candidate will enjoy
Responsibilities• Responsible for taking customer requests/market needs from concept through to launch utilising WorkFront. This includes:
o Prepare charters that clearly define the project scope, success criteria and approach
o Develop project plans including resource requirements and work with commercial teams to manage customer expectations
o Design a product that meets both the customer needs and internal manufacturing and quality performance targets.
o Record and analyse experimental observations/data
o Qualitative and quantitative assessment of new products, internally and externally
o Provide experimental updates during meetings and present results formally (verbal and written)
o Evaluate prototype casings in the product application test laboratory to ensure that these are suitable for use by the intended customers
o Participating in product trials at customer facilities
• Collaborate with colleagues in Manufacturing during the introduction phase of new products through to semi-commercial production, including the creation of standard operating procedures and bill of materials.
Requirements- Scientific background – masters or PhD in science, preferably in chemistry, bio chemistry or chemical engineering
- Early in career but with a couple of years’ experience in the workplace, either through placements or work experience (0-6 years experience)
- Fluent in English
- High-potential in nature, motivated, energetic, ready to learn and contribute
- Dynamic and eager to progress careers
- Globally minded and globally mobile
- Able to travel (immediate and fairly often – 4 times a year) and relocate in the future (career progression will require secondments and relocation, which can include facilities in Australia, America and China)
- Prefers being hands-on rather than stuck in a lab all day
- Problem-solving mind-set
Other informationAlso welcome those who are restarting/redirecing their careers if in possession of a degree in science, preferably in chemistry, bio chemistry or chemical engineering and a true scientific mindset.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Riko Arends.