Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
Manage and monitor key projects and initiatives to successful outcomes on time, within budget and within a defined scope for and on behalf of the legal and compliance department with a focus on detail, accuracy and business pragmatism. Support management in the identification and setting of risk based objectives and deadlines, work collaboratively within the department and cross functionally across business operations. Monitor and report on the progress of projects. Support business departments/functions in achieving their objectives in a legal, ethical and compliant manner while taking into account the principles of effective risk management.
- Support the monitoring of the QR risk and compliance program management initiatives with a strong focus on data protection and privacy (legal and non-legal content). Provide subject matter expertise support on a day to day basis for data protection and privacy related queries from the business and for specific related initiatives with a strict adherence to timeframes and deadlines.
- Define a relevant project scope and objectives. Ensure that all projects within the department remit are delivered and managed to successful completion on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Proactively identify and manage key risk(s) to the business that may inhibit achieving its objectives. Conduct compliance investigations to identify any gaps and/or mitigation strategies and articulate and manage those strategies to satisfactory level in line with business appetite(s). Support the development and implementation of the corporate risk and compliance governance framework for the Group - through analysis of applicable laws and regulations, reports and convert non-compliance risk/issues into improved procedures and outcomes for the business, support the management, monitoring, reporting and tracking of ongoing mitigation/treatment strategies in relation to applicable risks.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations. Play a critical global liaison role by continuously engaging with the local and regional teams to ensure a timely case progression, disposition, escalation, closure and feedback.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by line management.
- Manage and assist in the development of the cyclical review cycles of relevant SOPs and policies with the departmental remit.
- Support the QR Compliance generic email and the Data Protection Officer as and when directed.
- Stay abreast of applicable and relevant national and international laws and regulations, trends, best practices that could possibly risk impact to the business and communicate the same to the business to ensure focus is placed on the prioritised management of compliance risk(s) that the business is exposed to.
The successful candidate you would have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Candidates who have Master’s Degree or equivalent are preferred. In order to be considered for this role, you would have minimum of 7 years of job-related experience with Demonstrated Project Management, Risk Management, Compliance and/or Legal experience. You would possess excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate