Job Description - Lead Analyst – Transactional Banking (0000DYLD)
Lead Analyst – Transactional Banking : 0000DYLD
RBWM Data and Analytics CoE is Global organization that specializes in providing state of art analytics and solutions to the RBWM Business. The function supports Product, Channel, Pricing, Digital and several other areas within RBWM. The department has more than 300 Machine Learning Users and are building this capability with several use cases. There is the opportunity to leverage advanced analytics to have an impact by delivering, scaling and implementing the solutions to key business problems.
This role reports into the Head of Product and Digital Analytics UK. Lead Analyst is a crucial role, providing the interface between technically focused analysts and outcome driven PnL owners. The lead Analyst will be experienced in stakeholder management and transactional banking, having a good understanding of the retail bank PnL and product composition. At the same time, they will be an experienced analyst or leader of analysts, having good understanding of modelling, statistical tests, forecasting and marketing analytics, being able to design and implement analytical projects from requirement gathering to presenting to senior stakeholders.
Key responsibilities are:
- Develop or deploy mathematical models and predictive models which aid visualisation of future scenarios or scenarios with altered variables.
- Develop, test and maintain mathematical models and predictive models for use by internal stakeholders and data analytic teams.
- Develop programs which automate data collection, assimilation, aggregation and visualisation.
- Understand business workings and processes so to determine the best manner in which data can be used to provide insights.
- Produce actionable metrics from automating data collection, assimilation, aggregation and visualisation from multiple data sources including big data.
- Analyze data from internal and external systems to develop enhanced business value, enhanced predictive capability and increase operating efficiency.
- Provide consultancy for all stages of the Data Quality Lifecycle, from an execution and assessment perspective, by applying specialist knowledge
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive experience primarily in analytics in retail, travel or banking/finance.
- Experience working in large and complex organizations such as Amazon, Google, Expedia, Tesco, etc. in a Retail/Operational space
- A relevant first numerate degree in either mathematics, statistics, computer science (or equivalent quantitative area) or business, media, communications with quantitative background.
- Subject Matter expertise in OCR, NLP and such advanced analytics techniques
- Proven experience in using advanced analytics and machine learning to solve large complex problems
- Proven knowledge and experience of SQL and other Database/Data Manipulation tools
- Expertise in data visualization tools and techniques – previous experience with Qliksense, Tableau or similar
- Good working knowledge of analytics tools – Python/R/SAS/SPSS/STATA
- Strong experience of MS Office tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Proven ability to drive rapid insights from available data to drive business forward
- Experience working in agile environments and use of appropriate tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Proven ability to deliver web based business solutions utilizing large datasets (volume – transaction data, unstructured – clickstream, verbatim comments, weblogs, etc.) and experience with enhancing online customer journeys.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, inter-personal and communication skill
Skills & Abilities:
- Subject matter expertise in advanced analytics and machine learning
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to create business insights from rapid analysis of complex data
- Highly numerate and financially literate
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to operate effectively in a complex matrix driven environment
- Innovative – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals.
- Good team player, highly collaborative
- Good levels of energy, enthusiasm and resilience / self-motivation.
This role will be based in Birmingham. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
: Branch and Retail Banking
: Europe-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Birmingham
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 02-Jan-2020, 18:11:11
: 15-Jan-2020, 07:59:00