Job Description - Collections Specialist (Bilingual French & English) (0000DWSC)
Collections Specialist (Bilingual French & English) : 0000DWSC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures. About Retail Banking & Wealth Management Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year. Key Objectives for Bilingual Collections Agent (French/English) :
The Recovery Collection Specialist will primarily contact clients in order to collect unpaid credit facilities.
The Specialist will work to attain objectives set by the Unit Manager. He/She will do this while ensuring all appropriate policies and procedures are adhered to.
The Specialist will also manage account related disputes and inquiries and work to resolve matters within a timely and appropriate manner.
- Analyzes assigned accounts to determine and initiate appropriate collection actions.
- Communicate with customers to arrange for repayment of charged off accounts.
- Negotiates settlements and reaffirmation within assigned authorization level.
- Advises and guide customers through necessary actions for resolution of debt.
- Perform skip tracing to locate customers.
- Keeps Unit Manager informed of all litigation accounts and recommends appropriate action.
- Initiates legal action within assigned authority as necessary.
- Provides instructions to clerical staff in preparation of legal documents and legal action follow-up responsibilities.
- Ensure activities maximize their contribution to department financial objectives.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Consider the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Be Competent, inspiring and forward-looking.
- Take ownership for working across the departments/functions to deliver strong Recovery results.
- Identify opportunities to improve results, address work-related problems and sponsor beneficial change in order to achieve the best solution for our customers and the organization.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Promote regular interactions with management to facilitate strategic and operational decision making activities.
- Ensure Adherence to File Quality Standards & Call Quality Standards.
- Ensure compliance with established internal guidelines and external regulations affecting activities of assigned section.
- Review processes and assist management in implementing efficiency and productivity improvements while not compromising service quality.
- Carry out all applicable money laundering (AML), terrorist financing (TF), and sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities and tasks within Recoveries, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Must be fully bilingual spoken and written in English and French and have clear communication skills.
- Must be available from Monday to Friday from 8am to 7:30pm
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in Collections
- Experience in another financial institution is a plus.
- Must have organization skills, quick learner and self-sufficient
- Team player
- Experience resolving complexe issues and ability to prioritize tasks
- Effectively manage time and resources to deliver well balanced results across multiple priorities.
- Must be Self-Motivated, Goal Oriented, Autonomous
- While the environment is fast paced, role holder must remain poised, maintain clarity and objectivity when dealing with matters
- The position has responsibility for decisions which impact activities and financial results (bottom line profitability).
- The position requires the proper determination of priorities and allocation of efforts (prioritizing time), particularly in responding to unforeseen events. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
: Call Centre
: North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 10-Jan-2020, 06:03:08
: 01-Mar-2020, 12:59:00