Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
Responsible for the overall control of the shift as a direct representative of Airport Services Duty Manager. Monitor the activities of all flights, staff and GHA and third party contractors to ensure an efficient operation runs safely and punctually on a daily basis.
Ensure punctuality and safety of all Qatar Airways operations.
- Responsible for the day-to day operations and acts as liaison between airport service providers and users.
- Provide input and recommendations to management to improve the effectiveness of the daily operations.
- Responsible in ensuring passenger and aircraft handling practices conform to the safety and security requirements.
- Manage and control manpower on the shift to optimise utilization and maintain staff’s morale and discipline.
- Conduct spot-checks on operations and staff to ensure adequate standards are maintained.
- Responsible to resolve customer problems and complaints effectively. Liaise with all departments including Customer Relations to provide resolution for complaint handling.
- Conduct briefing sessions for QR and GHA staff and supervisors on every shift.
- Manage utilization of petty cash expenses and keep track of petty cash expenditure in line with standard financial procedures. Monthly reports, FFP enrolments, LPC checks.
- Petty Cash Custodianship, delegating duties of subordinates, monthly statistics.
- Responsible for preparing monthly reports and LPC’s.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and maintain discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Ainrvays Special Assistance Program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management.
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced courses in passenger handling
- Courses in Supervisory skills
- Weight and Balance, Ramp Handling, Dangerous Goods Regulation
- Good understanding of Qatar Airways Conditions of Carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security procedures in accordance with ICAO and IATA and local authorities.
- Specialist - minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
- Minimum 3 years experience in an airline or a reputed GHA on a supervisory level
Job Specific Skills:
- Good understanding of Conditions of Carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security procedures in accordance with ICAO and IATA and local authorities.
- Must be able to perform duties under pressure while maintaining the highest levels of the customer service standards adhering tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to take up duty travel to outstations for covering various assignments.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV