Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your job::
In this role as a TS Controller, you will be responsible as a team member for administration, performance tuning, integrity, availability and security of SQLServer databases in Qatar Airways. Responsible for delivering technology solutions that add strategic business value and will be involved in all stages of our development projects from the architecture, technical solutions and reviews.
To be successful in this role, you must have
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- More than 10+ years of IT experience
- Excellent skills in Administration of SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
- Hands on experience in Administration of SQL server business intelligence features like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Hands on experience in implementing database security features like Dynamic Data Masking SQL server features.
- Hands on experience in implementation of SQL server High availability features like Always on, SQL Mirroring, SQL Replication and SQL Log shipping.
- Hands on experience in Active-passive and Active-Active SQL server clustering.
- Hand on experience in implementing DR solutions using the SAN based replication is a must.
- Hand on experience in using the tools like SQL profiler, database Tuning Advisor and others.
- Good experience in configuring and analyzing performance reports using SQL server Management Data Warehouse reports and Performance Dashboard reports.
- Good SQL scripting knowledge for automating the maintenance tasks.
- Hand on experience in tuning the SQL server Database queries Good knowledge in network and storage management.
- Good knowledge in linking the SQL server data with other RDBMS like oracle and Open source databases using linked servers, Oracle gate way Conceptual knowledge in Cloud architecture.
- Fair knowledge in open source technology like PostgreSQL and MYSQL.
- Optimization database system administration activities.
- Worked on SQL server integration with other products like Power BI, SCOM and others tools.
- Capacity planning
Other Desirable skills to excel in this role:
- Good understanding of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) Ability to manage multiple tasks including Incident/Ticket management, Upgrades, and Deployments.
- Ability to work across teams to resolve issues and outages.
- Reduction in time to restoration of service outages Root cause identification and ultimate remediation of issue Pre-determination of issues before they become outages Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with database log analysis, event viewer Responsible for providing technical support for operation including but not limited to:
- Complex problem resolution in which several systems/applications/servers are involved.
- Review the existing server’s architecture and plan for consolidations without compromising on performance with minimal down time.
- Conducting cost saving exercise by CPU reduction and migration of DB servers from physical to virtual without compromising on performance of applications.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate