Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your Job:
In this interesting role you will be responsible to develop resources globally that meets the need of the users and complies with Qatar Airways Procurement, Contracting, Legal and Financial Policies. You will be accountable and responsible to draft, review and negotiate contracts, procedures and policies on a range of legal and compliance matters. You will also provide advice on legal and compliance matters.
Some of your job responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating, drafting and implementing a wide variety of simple and complex commercial agreements.
- Development and management of strategic contracts in accordance with corporate requirements, supporting legal requirements and procedures to secure and protect the business interests of the company in matters related to Contracts.
- Contribute to or influence company contractual policies. Review contractual templates.
- Work closely with clients across the QR Group, becoming their trusted legal and business advisor.
- Provide high quality review, analysis, negotiation and drafting of contracts.
- Identify issues and determines when the escalation procedure should be started.
- Resolve any disputes which come up and identify areas for improvement in company’s contracting processes.
- Provide legal interpretations on Standard Terms and Conditions of Contracts.
- Perform other Department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Support the research and preparation function of the Contracts Department.
- Monitor if staff are working appropriately and assist team members in problem solving.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Ensure that any personal data obtained and processed is treated in accordance with data protection principles followed by the Group, as well as applicable Group policies and Procedures on data protection and information security.
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Contribute towards Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets and the implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System.
- Apply environmental knowledge and principles in your role, and incorporate this into business processes and decision making, to drive efficiencies and reduce environmental and operational risks.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Copy of Passport
4. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate