Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role::
In this role, you will join the AELP (Aviation English Language Proficiency) Team reporting to the AELP Manager. You will regularly conduct and assess specific-purpose AELP licensing tests for QR Flight Deck Crew and other licensed and non-licensed personnel according to QCAA regulation and ICAO LPR standards. You also will provide AELP training to QR Flight Deck Crew and other personnel. In addition, you will assist with the development of the AELP testing and training programmes, materials, delivery platforms and processes.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Achieve and maintain QCAA accreditation as an AELP Examiner and Assessor.
- Conduct and assess AELP licensing tests to required standards.
- Deliver AELP training sessions to required standards. Evaluate trainees’ performance and feedback against department performance measurements.
- Perform quality checks on AELP test and training delivery, policies and procedures.
- Assist with forecasting, planning, scheduling and administration of the AELP testing and training programmes, liaising with relevant stake holders to ensure that all functions within the division are harmonised and conducted in a time and cost efficient manner.
- Actively contribute to the creative development of AELP testing and training policies, procedures, documentation and materials for QR Flight Deck Crew and other internal and external personnel, in accordance with QCAR-FCL1, ICAO Doc 9835, Circ 318 & 323 and in line with developments in the field of specific-purpose language assessment and training.
- Coordinate and follow up on all aspects of the AELP development cycle including the assessment of needs, product development and delivery.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Minimum internationally recognised TEFL/TESOL certificate (eg: CELTA) or equivalent
- ICAO Level 6 English language proficiency or equivalent
- Expert - minimum 7 years of job-related experience required
- Considerable experience in the delivery and/or development of specific-purpose English language standardised tests and/or ESP training programmes in the aviation, military, medical, legal or other high stakes sector
- Experience as a licensed pilot or air traffic controller
Job Specific Skills:
- Good teamwork, project and task leadership skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload to strict deadlines
- Ability to work flexibility while following procedures
- Resilient and confident in ability to make assessments and provide constructive and objective feedback to peers and colleagues
- Positive can-do attitude, able to take initiative, self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport
4. Other Relevant Documents\Certificates\Licenses