Job Description - Commercial Banking (CMB) Business Finance Manager (0000E3J4)
Commercial Banking (CMB) Business Finance Manager : 0000E3J4
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance aims to provide HSBC with a professional, effective and responsive finance service that operates at optimal cost and employs a common and transparent global model.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Manager CMB Business Finance.
- Implement the Commercial Banking (CMB) strategy at a country level and manage the delivery of a professional, effective, responsive and joined-up finance service to the country at optimal cost;
- Serve as a business partner to the operating team to drive business initiatives, growth, business strategy and profitability;
- Drives profitable growth by providing analyses of results while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions;
- Analysis of segmental income by products based on Management Information (MI) produced by the central MR&A team;
- Analysis on Product margin and Segments;
- KPI target development and Balanced Scorecard completion and measurement;
- Partners with business leaders and staff to ensure finance strategy is implemented, and act as a champion on all finance activities;
- Acts as a finance liaison for all business development and acquisition, integration and divesting activities in the country;
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which one is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy;
- Assist Line Manager to ensure the proper control and application of relevant Finance related policies within CMB;
- Ensure an effective internal process and operation environment within the team;
- Support the team in compliance to accounting policies and control.
- An undergraduate or post graduate degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a related discipline;
- Minimum 3 to 7 years’ experience in related field;
- Subject matter expertise in financial reporting;
- Understands and anticipates strategic implications from financial accounting;
- A high level of professional competence which helps to determine solutions around financial accounting procedures, controls, risk management and quality assurance;
- Knowledge of system is a definite advantage;
- Keep abreast of latest financial accounting environment and changes and anticipative of impacts to the Bank;
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior level in the organization;
- Able to influence without authority;
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business;
- Experience of creating, developing and leading a sizeable team;
- Strong leadership and management ability, developing and motivating employees;
- Ability to make robust/tough decisions which may be contrary to the business wishes and ability to prioritize competing demands;
- Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC takes pride in a diverse and inclusive working environment that sees our people benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad.
: Asia Pacific-Malaysia-Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur-Kuala Lumpur
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 22-Jan-2020, 18:44:03
: 07-Feb-2020, 23:59:00