Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Role:
Manage the delivery of Qatar Airways’ Group Internal Audit strategic objectives in line with the SVP of Internal Audit. The Senior Manager is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, and regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews of Qatar Airways.
A secondary role is to provide advice on internal control to Executive Management, including responding to questions on risk management techniques. The Senior Manager is also accountable for the provision of an independent and objective assurance on all aspects of Operational, Financial and forensics Audits of the Group and the Group’s subsidiaries
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Develop & improve internal audit methodologies to enhance audit efficiency;
- Develop policies and procedures for the Internal Audit Function and Ensure department compliance;
- Review draft audit plans and propose changes to meet emerging risks in the aviation industry
- Identify potential fraud risks and develop mitigation plans
- Establish effective working relationships with executive level management to be perceived as a “business advisor” to the Group
- Provide consultation and advice to executive leadership and department head on initiatives to improve the internal control environment and risk management of the company.
- Contribute to aligning internal audit function to the strategic objectives of Qatar Airways Group;
- Establish Forensics and Analytics audit functions and oversee the activities of managers responsible for Forensics and Outstations Audits.
- Structure independent and objective assurance on the management of risks in the organization by managing and directing Financial, Operational audits across the Qatar Airways Group and subsidiaries;
- Develop advisory services to help improve Operational processes by implementing best practices and corporate standards;
- Review audit assignments to ensure relevance of findings and value addition from recommendations;
- Establish and oversee follow-up mechanism to ensure all audit assignments and recommendations are closed in a timely manner, and report into SVP of IA on a quarterly basis; and oversee the Planning coordination function of IA.
- Establish the data analytics function unit within IA and establish the guidelines of their activities to provide support to all ongoing audit assignment and to Executive Management for ad hoc requests.
- Lead and guide the activities and assignments managed by Grade eight managers responsible for Forensics and outstations audits.
- Direct on special projects (e.g. Introduction of new processes, systems, or addressing an emerging risk) where requested by Executive Management to consult on risks and controls;
- Lead on annual audit plan by identifying new areas and scope that could reduce QR’s exposure;
- Recommend with QR-IT and lead investigations to plan, gather and analyse the media, emails and digital evidence. Corroborate investigation facts to provide opinion to management;
- Execute approved annual audit plan & identify new key risks for scoping Risk based audits;
- Lead the financial and manpower budget preparation to deliver the approved annual audit plan in liaison with VPIA;
- Lead and guide, as appropriate, on special projects, ad hoc assignments or investigations to deliver quality reviews and recommendations that will meet GCEO and Executive management expectations.
- Monitor Manpower and Financial budget to minimize any variances.
- Provide feedback on performance of Internal Auditors, on audit assignments, as applicable.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Post-Graduate level or equivalent
- Certified in Risk Management or Controls self-assessment
- Master degree in business administration
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA
- Cost control in terms of complying with budgeted timeframe
- Appreciation of the dynamics of the airline and related business environment
Job Specific Skills:
- Experience in managing different audit team and multitasking
- Good communicator with superb listening skills
- Ability to speak in public and communicate with senior management
- Strong skills and understanding of best business practices;
- Managerial skills: Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow; mentoring and coaching skills, Ability to develop subordinate's skills, Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate