Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
As Aeromedical Coordinator, you will be responsible in rendering assistance with cabin crew and flight deck regulatory medicals . You will provide clearance of medical passengers travelling on Qatar Airways, in an organised and systematic way according to the policies and procedures with provision and promotion of safety among the staff and the working environment.
Your major responsibilities includes:
- Assist with Regulatory medical examination procedures for flight deck and cabin crew (QR, Amiri, Qatar Executive and third parties) for QCAA AND International Regulatory Authorities license process as required.
- Assist the nursing staff with routine laboratory and diagnostic procedures including Drug Screening (New joiner, cabin crew and flight deck crew, QROC random selection and OP nana project) as per protocol, assist nursing staff with related documentation.
- Documentation of clinical data with regards the regulatory process for flight deck and cabin crew initial and renewal medicals.
- Maintenance of accurate records, preparation and updating files and database records.
- Review of Passenger Medical Clearance documentation and provide medical clearance based on QR clinical guidelines documentation.
- Escalate complicated Passenger Medical Clearance cases to relevant manager or Aeromedical physician for cases which do not meet the clinical guidelines, and provide timely feedback to both the reservations team and the passenger
- Review of data from Passenger gate screen reviews and make appropriate decision using QR Clinical guidelines with regards fitness to fly.
- Escalate gate screen information to relevant manager or Aeromedical physician in complicated cases in order to provide prompt feedback to both the passenger and the airport check in staff.
- Utilities QRHMS for the entry of medical records and EDocs application in uploading medical files to facilitate easy access.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the operation by maintaining confidentiality.
- Checking, monitoring and replacing expired items as necessary
- Promptly report any breakage or loss of equipment in the department to the Senior Nurse.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environment management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety , security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
To be successful in this role you must have a Trade or Vocational qualification in Nursing or Paramedical qualification , with minimum 4 years in a Medical / Paramedical or Client Services role. Having a registration with the recognized Professional Regulatory Authority in home country (where qualification has been obtained) and having active license, preferred. Having work related experience in a medical/customer service role within an Airline would be an advantage.
You must have excellent customer services, must be able to relate to people from different cultural background and be able to adapt to change, also performing well under pressure. Excellent command of English spoken and written is essential for this position. You will have comprehensive knowledge of various applications like MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate