Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
As a Cargo Operations Officer you will be responsible to supervise and coordinate with freighter operations team and ensure smooth running of cargo operational functions relating to freighter operations. You will ensure smooth cargo operations at the region through close coordination with the ground handling (GHA) and staff within the station.
You are required to continuously monitor and develop adherence to regulations outlined to local authorities and regulatory bodies and ensure strict compliance to IATA regulations for effective movement of inbound and outbound cargo whilst reducing operational cost.
- Ensure all ULDs are built safely and GHA is aware of Qatar Airways (QR) standards and adhering to them. Personal oversight of all freighter pallets must be enforced on all freighter flights.
- Ensure smooth interface from sales/ground services agents (GSA) to GHA including booking priorities, clear FBL instructions and priorities are given to GHAs, special cargoes are handled correctly and pre-alerts sent.
- Ensure flight loads is commercially maximized as a priority.
- Direct staff and GHAs to contribute highest level of service standards and optimum utilization of space and available payload coordination with GHAs and inter departments.
- Develop robust and consistent reporting at the station level to identify all non-conformance for all stake holders in the supply chain including GHAs, GSA, Sales, Reservations, Ramp and Hub. You will ensure that all irregularities are recorded in our internal system (CROMIS).
- Be in constant coordination with Cargo Head Office for smooth coordination of cargo operations.
- Ensure all passenger (pax) and freighter ULDs are built in accordance with QR regulations. A mandatory pre-arrival check of all the freighter ULDs has to be done to make sure the loads within the units are distributed correctly.
- Manage the freighters on time performance and ensure no delays occur due to ground operations throughout the delegated region. Investigate and report to HO on any delay on freighter and pax flights.
- Coordinate with the regional cargo handling and services delivery manager and coordinate and supervise the trucking of QR Cargo import and exports.
- Implement, establish and monitor standard operating procedures (SOP) and service level agreements (SLAs) with the GHAs in the region.
- Assist on-board load masters in offloading and loading activities of aircraft whenever required.
- Undertake spot checks on invoice verification for operational based cost as per regional/ head office requirements.
- Ensure all safety and security incidents are thoroughly investigated through to root cause analysis and reported within company time-frame and conduct station audits /inspections in line with head office guidelines.
You must be a graduate with 5 to 8 years of airline or air freight industry experience, from which a minimum of 2-3 years will be on supervisory level. You must have good operations knowledge on A 330F and B 777F aircraft.
You must also have good knowledge of Cargo operations, Dangerous Goods regulations, Live Animal Regulations and Perishable cargo handling. You must have good command of written and spoken English and currently be eligible to live and work in Saigon, Vietnam. You must also be a good communicator with a team oriented personality.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV