About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
Global Network Operations (GNO) is a critical organization within American Express as it runs the Network used by our Global Partners (Acquirers and Issuers) to process card transactions. GNO also provides the platforms, defines the policies and creates exciting new products consumed by our Global Partners.
This job opportunity will reside within Global Certification Services (GCS), which is an arm of GNO dedicated to certify and onboard new customers and products. This entails securely connecting our Proprietary Merchants, Processors and Network Partners to the American Express Network and certifying the authorization and clearing messages developed by them before they are enabled in production. GCS also supports and certifies existing customers when deploying new and existing products such as EMV Chip Processing, SafeKey, Quick Response Code, Mobile Wallets and Secure Remote Commerce, to name a few.
Purpose of the Role:
This role is defined within the Payments Industry space and involves working with customers of American Express Certification.
• Leverage existing proprietary tools to certify participants (merchants, processors, network issuers, acquirers) & help onboard them; this will be accomplished by combining payments domain expertise, testing skills, knowledge of Amex requirements for POS devices, Amex payment specifications/standards
• Use internal IT systems/tools to enable participants to send/receive financial information to/from Amex (e.g. Submissions/Settlement file)
• Work closely with a variety of internal IT, Business & Servicing teams to onboard a new partner or enable a new functionality for an existing partner
• Use knowledge of Amex's payment products, platforms & standards and advise internal/external customers on certification process
• Build relationships and act as the liaison between our external Business Partners and various American Express technology groups, supporting the installation of network connectivity and implementation of authorization and submission solutions
• Develop/Modify process flows, test templates
• Manage assigned projects related to the certification of link connectivity, financial settlement and authorisation messages that support new and existing payment products such as EMV Chip Processing, Safekey, Quick Response Code, Mobile Wallets and Secure Remote Commerce.
• Manage the setup of file transfers between Amex customers and Amex.
• Provide testing support and technical consultancy to internal and external customers pertaining to Amex technical specifications and certification processes.
• Develop and document certification processes and procedures for new initiatives.
• Work with various American Express Technology groups to support the installation of network connectivity and implementation of authorisation and settlement solutions.
• Lead and drive regional or global internal projects, specifically ensuring that GCS test tools, test plans and certification processes are updated or enhanced.
• Participate in calls that can be held outside of office hours in order to support regional or global projects that span different time zones.
• Support all project types – simple or complex to help the team manage project volumes throughout the year.
• Participate or lead employee related activities within the local campus.
Critical Factors to Success:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the payment industry with hands on payment product certification experience being essential
• BE, MCA (or B.Sc. Computer or IT) with strong academic background
• Demonstrated ability to support multiple high profile projects simultaneously in a fast paced multi-time zoned environment
• Demonstrates strong relationship management skills used to influence without authority both internally and externally, across multiple international territories with different cultural considerations.
• Highly self-motivated, growth mind-set and results driven with the ability to work without supervision in a matrix organization and demonstrating strong teamwork.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with external business partners and various internal cross teams at both a technical and business level
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office tools like MS Excel, MS Word, Visio, etc.
• Ability to leverage operational tools like MS Share Point, Salesforce.com
• Must be willing to work outside office hours whenever the project calls for it.
• Knowledge of payments industry/process including but not limited to EMV, Contactless, POS products etc.
• Preferable knowledge on standards like EMVCo, ISO8583, PCI DSS
• Knowledge on one or more of the Amex specifications such as GCAG/GEDC, GFSG plus would be a plus
• Awareness on cryptography would be a plus
• Awareness on payment switch would be a bonus
• Can readily understand technical specifications, decipher the technical contents and use that knowledge to validate test results. Can independently identify root causes that can arise during certification & resolve them.
• Knowledge of telecommunication and networking components such as TCP/IP & SFTP, Router capabilities, VPN and Web Services, are pluses.
Shift Timings: Day shift
• Set the Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like; Put Enterprise Thinking First; Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others with You: Build the Best Team; Seek and Provide Coaching and Feedback; Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It the Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly, and Clearly; Make Decisions Quickly and Effectively; Live the Blue Box Values; Demonstrate the Courage Great Leadership Demands.