In this program manager role, the position will be working within a team of high performing and skilled digital capability architects, program managers, and digital analysts with overall product ownership of digital acquisition performance measurement and attribution for Investment Optimization. This team manages proprietary Global Campaign Tracking (GCT) and attribution capabilities across US and International Markets for both Consumer and Commercial business units. The team sits within Enterprise Digital & Analytics (ED&A) COE, as part of the Investment Optimization & Acquisition Reporting team. At this level, the employee is often viewed as a subject matter expert and/or mentor to managers and analysts. Possesses the expertise, knowledge and seasoning to work on projects of high sensitivity or importance. Works relatively independently and is responsible for consequential decision making.
- Closely collaborate with our other digital marketing & analytics teams focused on PPC, SEO, display, social, affiliates, partners, site optimization, and investment optimization.
- Support product objectives with business cases, product success metrics, design& data architecture considerations, customer feedback, market research, marketing strategy and competitive analysis.
- Define product vision based on understanding of customer product needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities.
- Manage product roadmap with a focus on creating enterprise-level features and capabilities.
- Define requirements, prioritize features and guide product delivery.
- Own product within an agile environment, specifically documenting user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Drive day-to-day prioritization of work operations, projects and scope, troubleshoot reported issues.
- Learn, understand and help with product presentations and participate in general technical discussions.
- Work closely with the engineering teams responsible for product build & delivery.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate creativity, curiosity and passion for building products and capabilities that will combine digital data with the right technology to create world-class digital acquisition reporting solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing or leading complex Projects/Programs
- 3-5 years of experience in an agile development environment in a PMO role with strong knowledge of agile processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership and tailoring to multiple audiences
- Leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, ability to assess opportunities with hard data
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of web infrastructure and digital technologies
- Proven ability in managing projects, including experience in gathering requirements for website measurement, tracking, and data exchanges between systems and databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leveraging tools such as Jira and Confluence a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.